It’s 2 days before Christmas and I have been feeling very relaxed this week, so relaxed that I am beginning to think I must have forgotten something. I have double checked my various lists. I love lists so much that last Birthday both my hubby and sister bought me different List books as presents, and sadly I couldn’t have been happier 🙂
Anyway back to the present so the few last minute things I have to do are:
- Make a cracker, I am one short and have no intention of buying a whole box, so I have saved a party hat from the works Christmas party and with hindsight I should have saved the joke and gift too, but hey.
- Decorate the cake which I made in September and that hubby has been feeding with brandy ever since, which is less cake and more fruit stuck together with alcohol.
- Collect a tray of outrageously delicious chocolate brownies and antibiotics, ooh written like that I could be on to the next best thing – antibiotic chocolate brownies – that just has to be a winner!!
- Consider table decorations, I say consider because what would actually fit on the table with all the food – absolutely nothing!! As it is the vegetables are usually balanced on the window cill. Really who has space for table decs?
- Find all the presents that I have wrapped; last time I found one in March that I had forgotten. Already I have managed to buy hubby 2 Christmas cards because I forgot I had bought one in October. Need to write another list 🙂
Dad is bringing the turkey, stuffing, gravy, sausages in bacon and a nut roast which will all be fantastic if he remembers. At a family reunion he forgot the meat but bought extra cheese instead. Which if combined with any ‘substitutions’ to the grocery order I placed in October for delivery Christmas eve, could mean that we will be having the most creative Christmas lunch ever 🙂